View our recipe below on how to create our eggplant parmigiana.
What you’ll need:
What you need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Slice your eggplant into even thick (about 2cm) round pieces. sprinkle with salt and place between two sheets of paper towel to dry out the slices.
- Meanwhile use three bowls to create your mixtures, first being flour, then egg and water and finally almond meal, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and nutritional yeast
- After your eggplant has been drying for about 10 minutes remove from the paper towels and remove any excess salt. Add oil to each of the slices and then dip in the flour, egg and almond meal mixtures and place on a baking dish (we recommend you use baking paper). Cook your eggplant for 15 minutes
- Meanwhile start making your sauce. Add to a pan your oil, passata, garlic, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Simmer for 10 minutes
- After your eggplant slices have been in the oven 15 minutes, remove and flip them over. Add your passata sauce on both the bottom and top of each slice. Bake for a further 15 minutes
We serve this with potato and any vegetables that we have available. Feel free to add your own twist to this.
This meal goes well being reheated the next day after refrigeration.
We hope this eggplant parmigiana recipe was easy to follow. Let us know if you try it and if you suggest any changes to suit you!