View our recipe below on how to create our lentil bolognese.
What you’ll need:
- 350g spaghetti (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 brown onion
- 4 small mushrooms
- 2 garlic gloves
- 400 g can of finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g can of lentils
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 handful spinach
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- salt, pepper and chilli flakes to taste
What you need to do:
- Diced the brown onion and carrot and add them to a pan with your oil. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice the zucchini, mushrooms and garlic and add to pan for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and mix to cover the vegetables. Then add your vegetable stock and can of tomatoes. Mix together and add the Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Place a lid on top and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Boil a pot of water, once boiled add your pasta and a pinch of salt. Follow instructions according to the packaging of the pasta.
- Once the sauce has been simmering for 10 minutes add your lentils, spinach and lemon juice. Return to simmer until pasta is ready and spinach leaves have shriveled.
- When the pasta is done, drain the water and serve evenly between your dishes. Add pasta sauce on top and mix. Add nutritional yeast for a cheese flavour.
Enjoy! We usually double the serving of sauce and put the rest in the freezer for an easy dinner another night. It does well and keeps its taste after defrosting.
This meal also goes well being reheated the next day after refrigeration.
We hope this lentil bolognese recipe was easy to follow. Let us know if you try it and if you suggest any changes to suit you!